Torture in Tibet
Torture and ill-treatment is widespread in Tibet.
Tibetan political prisoners are subjected to torture and maltreatment, to break their spirit and in order to obtain confessions that form the basis for convictions to long-term prison sentences.
Common torture practices include:
- Electric-shock batons to the head, face, mouth or even genitals
- Beating with sticks and iron rods
- Forced sitting/standing in extreme positions for hours
- Application of hot objects to the skin
- Mental torture and humiliation
- Deprivation of sleep and food
- Solitary confinement without daylight
Many kinds of cruel torture methods are used which can leave prisoners mentally and physically scarred.
Source : http://freetibetanheroes.org/